Simple Cleaning Tips for the New Year
Ready to start off the New Year right? We are just a few days into 2019, and if you’re like a lot of people, one of your new year’s resolutions is to keep your house cleaner. With all of the general business of everyday life, keeping your house pristine and spotless can be easier said than done. These tips can help you stick to a cleaning schedule to keep things under control.
But then again, why handle one hundred percent of the cleaning yourself? Hiring a professional house cleaning service can go a long way toward taking care of the most annoying parts of cleaning. That way, you can handle the little everyday things yourself, but get the professionals to take care of the deeper cleaning for you. For a truly clean house, this option is definitely worth considering – Call us today 314-845-9393…Relax…We’ll handle it!
Breaking Down Your Cleaning Plan: Daily, Weekly, and Monthly Tasks
When it comes to cleaning your house, there are some things that need to be done on a daily or almost daily basis, while other things only really need to be cleaned weekly or monthly. By figuring out how often each task needs to be done, you can plan your cleaning schedule accordingly, taking the guesswork and unexpected hassle out of housekeeping.
Daily Cleaning Tasks
There are several smaller tasks that need to be done every day. These are things you can generally take care of incrementally as you go about your day. Some examples can include:
- Making your bed
- Transferring dirty clothes to the hamper
- Wiping down sinks and counters in the bathroom
- Wiping down the kitchen counter afte preparing food
- Washing dishes
- Spot vacuuming to pick up messes or pet hair (a common occurrence at my house with 3 dogs!)
- Picking up children’s toys and other random clutter around the house
Weekly Cleaning Tasks
Other things need to be taken care of about once a week. You can divide these tasks between different days, so that you can avoid having to do everything at once. Some people also choose to hire a cleaning service to handle these things weekly or biweekly. Some of the things you’ll need to handle on a weekly basis include:
- Washing linens and laundry
- Cleaning out the microwave, oven, fridge, and other appliances
- Disinfecting counter tops, doorknobs, stove handles, and other surfaces
- Washing bathroom rugs
- Dusting furniture
- Deep, thorough vacuuming
- Sweeping or swiffering hard flooring surfaces
- Cleaning toilets
- Mopping bathroom floors and kitchen floors
Monthly Cleaning Tasks
Then, there are the monthly tasks. These are very good candidates for a professional cleaning service. If you’re hesitant about the expense of weekly cleaning, monthly cleaning can handle some of the bigger, but less frequent, deep cleaning tasks for you. These can include:
- Cleaning windows
- Cleaning and dusting walls and baseboards
- Vacuuming furniture upholstery
- Dusting out HVAC vents
- Cleaning children’s toys
- Wiping down your keyboard, mouse, and other computer equipment
- “Deep cleaning” underneath things
- Washing the walls and floors thoroughly
Where Can I Find Cleaning Services Near Me?
Wondering, “Where can I find house cleaners near me?” At St Louis Cleaning Team, we offer scheduled house cleaning services throughout the St Louis, Missouri area. We can help you take care of regular scheduled cleaning, as well as other services like move-in and move-out cleaning, construction cleanup, and more. Call us any time to get started today, and enjoy a clean house for the brand new year.